Accidents may happen when we least expect them, so preparing in advance is a good idea.
Be prepared when accidents happen – like getting a cut in your lab’s paw, or eating something poisonous. Below we’ve listed some basic items needed in your first aid kit.
- 2 x 20ml Pods of Saline – for washing away dirt and debris from your dog’s eyes etc
- 2 x Medium Dressing Bandages – to cover an injury
- 1 x Foil Blanket – to retain body warmth and help combat shock
- 5 x Gauze Swabs – for cleaning up fluid or after using the saline pods
- 1 x Microporous Tape – holds dressings in place
- 1 x Conforming Bandage – for use with sprained joints
- Latex Gloves
- 4 x Plastic Pouches – to cover foot injuries and help keep them clean;
- 4 x Alcohol Free Cleansing Wipes – to clean wounds;
- 1 x Scissors;
- 1 x Plastic Tweezers
You can check the full article here.